The quest for the best email client for IOS and Android
I have used both IOS and Android phones and tablets for years. For personal use, their default email clients are adequate. Especially if you have a single account (only one email service provider and one email address, like Google). On the other hand, if you are like me, and have multiple email accounts (and therefore multiple email addresses) from several email service providers (i.e., Google, Apple, Direct TV, your own websites, etc.) then even a moderate flow of data can be more or less chaotic at times. Some sort of email triage is necessary. Most of my email accounts are business related, so security, speed of the client, ease of use, search functions, and ability to organize and sort this data are all very important. A little over a year ago, I decided to find the best email client for IOS and Android.
I can’t say how many email clients I tried, some “tests” lasted only a few seconds. My “pass/fail” judgement was an example of Occam’s Razor: Did the email client have the functions I wanted, and did the email client adequately perform those functions? The grade was a simple “Yes” or “No” response. Any “No” responses rejected the client. Simple.
For months, Google’s email client seemed to do the job. It ticked off most of the boxes. I thought the quest was over, then I came across Edison Email.
Why is Edison Email the best?
Here are some of Edsion Email’s features:
- Allows for multiple accounts that can be toggled “on” or “off”
- Allows for multiple types of accounts (Google, Apple, etc., even IMAP or POP3)
- There is a routine unified inbox, but also there are special inboxes provided through Edison Email’s “Assistant” for subscriptions, travel, entertainment, bills and receipts, packages and more. The Assistant filters your email and organizes the results under the appropriate headers. In one click you can track packages, check on travel arrangements, etc. Way cool!!!
- Simple email composition, that allows for numerous attachments, including pictures, giffs/GIFS, and pdfs.
- Undo “sends”. Forgot an attachment, – undo the send and add it.
- Custom signature for each inbox
- Ergonomics: Swipe and 3D touch capable. With Swipes, you can snooze emails for viewing at a later time (that you set), and archive or delete. Also, Long-Press delete toggle.
- Set default browser (allows for other browsers besides Safari in IOS)
- Set the number of Preview lines from None to 4.
- Organize mail by thread.
- Block Sender from a list of all senders.
- Price Alert: Appears in the app’s Bills & Receipts assistant menu, and goes additional steps beyond just categorizing receipts. Edison Mail’s proprietary AI-based technology protects your purchases by monitoring the stores you shop at for items you recently bought, then notifying you if the price of an item you recently purchased drops more than $1. The app will even provide a suggested email template for you to customize and consider sending to the store to ensure the refund process is simple.
For more information about Edison Mail, click HERE.
Hands down, in my opinion, Edison Email is simply the best email client for IOS and Android. I have used it for several months now, and wonder how I got along without it. One last feature is also very important, it is FREE!!!! Download it today from the App Store or Google Play.